Did I mention I love October? I do. I love October. Here are
five six reasons why.
- Watching the leaves change color. It reminds me of home. Something my family always appreciated.
- Beautiful people on twitter and the blogs making things like homemade apple pie & strawberry ginger pie.
- Sweaters, boots, and scarves. Need I say more?
- The perfect month to try out a new recipe. I want to try Eat Like a Girl’s stuffed munchkins.
- Baseball. David and I are big San Francisco Giants fans (…but I grew up watching the Cardinals and have love for them too!) Makes for an exciting season this year, especially given recent history (Part I and Part II).
- Halloween. I am a Halloween nut. Love the holiday. Costumes, candy, carving pumpkins, and trick-or-treating.
My parents came down to visit us in Durham, North Carolina around this time last year. We carved pumpkins together and watched the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. What a great visit! The classic pumpkin on the left was my Dad’s creation, I did the black cat, and David’s masterpiece is featured on the right.
London has shown us an amazing October so far. The small parks are inviting and the trees are beautiful.
My plan for making the most of these last October days? Zip-up my boots, toss on a scarf, and take a detour on the walk to campus.